At the end of a 2020 we reflect on a very difficult year and we look forward to the tide changing. The hope of a vaccine is on the horizon, and so the possibility of an end to the world wide pandemic. On the Eve of the Winter Solstice we saw Saturn and Jupiter align, and to me, it felt like a sign of the light being let in. That times are changing.
The Irish are known for their blessings, toasts, jokes, and great stories so I wanted to share this Christmas prayer.
“The light of the Christmas Star to you
The warmth of Home and Hearth to you
The Cheer and Good will of Friends to you
The Love of the Son and God’s Peace to you”
In Irish Style, we felt that a special Irish Whiskey Cocktail was fitting to share as we usher in this Christmas day. This deep ruby red color is perfect for the season with a twist of lemon. – Mulled wine has been a Christmas tradition for hundreds of years during this season, but this year we wanted to change our toast by creating a special cocktail. The flavors are fruity, rich, and bold, and we love to serve it as an after-dinner cocktail, perfect for a cozy Christmas eve toast. We do hope you enjoy…
Here is the special recipe!
Irish Whiskey Christmas Cocktails
- 5 oz Irish Whiskey
- .75 oz of cabernet syrup
- .75 oz Lemon Juice
- 1 egg white
- (for the cabernet syrup)
- Equal parts of wine to sugar
- (for the garnish)
- Orange peel
How to make it
- To make the cabernet simple syrup combine equal parts wine to sugar in a saucepan and simmer for 7-8 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to make the cocktail.
- To assemble the cocktail place ice in a shaker and then add the whiskey, cabernet syrup, lemon juice and the egg white. Shake vigorously.
- Pour into a martini style glass (the egg white separate to form a foamy head).
- Garnish the cocktail with lemon peel.
Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!
Shamrock and Peach (Judith) x