The cooler days are here again, and with the passing of Halloween we look forward to the upcoming holiday season.
I am always creating for new ways of entertaining using seasonal ingredients and flavors, and what better way to get a party started than by serving a welcome Fall Apple Pie Martini? I mean who doesn’t love the idea of eating a Spiked Apple Pie? Apple cider, honey, cinnamon and vanilla make this cocktail a must try!
These days of Covid-19 have been difficult for us all, but many of us are hosting smaller, more intimate gatherings in our own homes with families and close friends, and looking for inventive ways to offer up cheer and community. Yes, we all need a little more cheer this year for sure and perhaps this will help!
It’s so funny to me that so many folks are obsessed with pumpkin flavors, but for a County Armagh girl like me, it’s all about the flavor’s of apple in the fall and winter season. Growing up in Irelands orchard county, I am flooded with happy memories of climbing apples trees, eating fallen apples, and picking them straight off the tree. So, my draw the the apple is a source of comfort, but I can am imagine many of your share the same emotions and memories! I hope this lovely cocktail and make new. delicious and joyful tastes of fall. Enjoy!
Apple Pie Martini
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz apple pie honey syrup
- 2 oz freshly pressed apple juice
- Apple (red or green, cored and sliced to garnish)
- (Apple Pie Simple syrup)
- 2 cups water (filtered)
- 4 Granny Smith green apples (cut up with skin and seeds)
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 real vanilla pod(split with seeds)
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 1 cup honey
How to make it
- To make the apple pie honey syrup, place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes (or overnight). Cool in the refrigerator.
- To make the martini, fill a shaker three quarters full of crushed ice.
- Add the vodka, apple pie honey syrup, and freshly pressed apple juice.
- Cover and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a slice of apple and serve.
Slainte and Enjoy!
Shamrock and Peach (Judith)