Winter Solstice Fizz
Christmas is only day’s away and it’s time to start planning your cocktail menu. I am excite to share my recipe for “winter Solstice Fizz” featured in my new cookbook “Return to Ireland”. The recipe is part of 100 new recipes and the cookbook is the number one new Irish release cookbook on Amazon and the top twelve of fall Irish cookbooks for sale this Christmas. I am getting ready to head to Nashville to cater a Christmas party, so it’s a busy season for those of us in the catering industry. But, I wanted to be sure to wish each one of your a very Merry Christmas, and thank you for your continued support. Here is a new recipe from my cookbook , published by Hatherleigh Press, distributed by Penguin Random House. Please order copy and share the good news about our launch.
Spiced Cranberry with Irish Whiskey and Rosemary
The holiday season is one of merriment and what better way of toasting the season than enjoying this refreshing cocktail, featuring both cranberries and Irish Whiskey. The winter solstice is about celebrating the festive colors of green and red, and the rich flavors of spices and rosemary.
- (Cocktail base ingredients)
- 1.5 oz Irish whiskey
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. Spiced Cranberry Syrup
- Fever-Tree Indian Tonic Water or Club Soda water (enough to fill up the glass)
- (Spiced cranberry syrup ingredients)
- 1 cup of cranberries
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 rosemary stem
- ½ inch of sliced Ginger root
- (Garnish ingredients)
- Rosemary, Cranberries, lime curl
How to make it
- To make the Spiced Cranberry syrup place the sugar, water, cranberries, ginger root, rosemary and cinnamon stick in a saucepan and simmer together for 7-8 minutes. Cover and allow to sit for at least 2 hours, or even better overnight.
- Strain the syrup into a clean jar after the flavors have had time to infuse.
- To serve fill a glass with ice and add the whiskey, lime juice, cranberry syrup. Stir the glass to incorporate all the ingredients. Top off the glass with a little club soda.
- Stir one more time and then garnish the cocktail. Suggested garnishes include a sprig of fresh rosemary, a few cranberries or lime curl, or a combination of all three.
Wishing everyone a Very Merry Christmas and as always… Joy in the Journey!
Judith xxxxxx (Shamrock and Peach)